Oak Hills Church: 224 FM 2093, Fredericksburg, TX 78624 - 2/1/18 6:00 pm
Fredericksburg, TX (01/18/18) — Representative Kyle Biedermann (R- Fredericksburg) has announced he will join local law enforcement and school officials to host a series of Drug Crisis Roundtables specifically focused on the recent heroin, opioid and methamphetamine drug epidemic.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention drug overdose deaths and opioid-involved deaths continue to increase in the United States. Since 1999, the number of overdose deaths involving opioids quadrupled. The majority of drug overdose deaths, more than six out of ten, involve an opioid. 91 Americans die every day from an opioid overdose.
“This is an issue beyond daily politics. All of us are affected by the drug crisis in our backyard and we must work together as a community to search for answers and provide support. The heroin epidemic that is plaguing our communities must be confronted head on. The countless stories and newspaper headlines are absolutely heartbreaking. My goal is to bring together our local, state and federal officials as well as our school officials and local community members to work together to combat this issue. As a state legislator, I’ve committed to doing everything in my power to get the resources needed to combat this crisis and keep our children and communities safe,” said State Representative Kyle Biedermann.
Over the next few weeks, Representative Biedermann will host a total of three roundtables in New Braunfels, Boerne and Fredericksburg. The roundtables will be focused on discussing the recent spike in meth, heroin and opioid use. Biedermann plans to work with law enforcement, school officials, local, state and federal officials as well as with the community to combat this epidemic.
Drug Crisis Roundtable dates and locations include:
- Tuesday, January 23, 6PM: Christ Presbyterian Church: 1620 Common St, New Braunfels, TX 78130
- Monday, January 29, 6:30PM: Patrick Heath Public Library: 451 N Main St, Boerne, TX 78006
- Thursday, February 1, 6PM: Oak Hills Church: 224 FM 2093, Fredericksburg, TX 78624
Drug Crisis Roundtable confirmed attendees include:
- State Representative Kyle Biedermann
- Comal County Sheriff’s office
- Kendall County Sheriff’s office
- Comal ISD
- Boerne ISD Superintendent Dr. Tommy Price
- Boerne ISD Dr. Holly Robles BISD Counselor
- San Antonio PD Brian Beilefeld
- Former Deputy Chief Bexar County Sheriff Joe Hamilton
- And more