October 25, 2015
Dear Fellow Taxpayer and Conservative!
I am not a politician, I am a successful small business owner.
I have been blessed to live in Texas for the past 30 years and I have been working hard to provide for my family and my community at Biedermann’s Ace Hardware in Fredericksburg.
As a pro life, pro second amendment, limited government, Christian and conservative Republican I am entering the race for State Representative in the great district covering Gillespie, Comal and Kendall counties.
As we all know, career politicians make promises and send tons of mail. In this race I will be outspent at least 10 to 1.
This is why I am asking you to join my team today!
Our campaign will be grassroots, positive and focused solely on the issues that affect the hardworking people and seniors in this district like:
Securing and protecting our border: illegal immigration is illegal,
Protect our religious freedoms and defund Planned Parenthood,
Shrinking the size of government to combat rising property taxes,
Focusing on common sense solutions to our water issues,
Proactively defending and promoting our right to bear arms,
Ending the deluge of unfunded state mandates on our schools and communities,
Putting a stop to Austin’s over regulation and higher taxes on our local businesses and;
Always vigilantly protecting our private property rights.
We need a conservative and commonsense legislator to protect us, not a career politician.
Please know this: if our current representative (who has been in office most of his adult life) stuck to his promise of being a true conservative and kept to his word, I would not be running.
Going against the political machine will not be an easy task, but with your help we will be victorious!
Over the past few months I have met thousands of voters in this district. As a small business owner for 30 years, I know what it means to keep up with a payroll, to provide solid customer service and to live within a budget.. We need this type of real life experience in our capitol.
Simply put, I will never be swayed by the power brokers or the unethical influences in Austin.. Every vote I cast will be made to protect the taxpayers of this state. We need real conservative leadership in our capitol and this is exactly why I have made this decision to run.
I simply cannot do this without your support! You can help our grassroots conservative effort in many ways: volunteer to make calls, block walk, donate or put up a sign!
While there are two other candidates vying for your vote, I am THE TRUE CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN in this race.
I am running for office because our current representative is out of touch with the district and he has a very liberal voting record for a Republican in the Legislature.
Here is where our current Representative stands:
- BORDER SECURITY: Doug Miller was one of only 26 Republicans who voted with all of the Democrats against $91 Million in additional border security funding during the appropriations debate in the House.
- FAILING GRADES: Texans for Fiscal Responsibility, Young Conservatives of Texas and Texas Eagle Forum have all ranked Representative Miller as an “F” or a “D” grade on their scorecards. These groups have compiled hundreds of the most important votes taken each session.
- BIG GOVERNMENT: “GRID-ZILLA” Miller supported legislation providing millions to Texas Water Development Board regarding the study of the development of a market and conveyance network for water in this state. Under Miller’s plan big government would decide where your water would go, when and how much and that means places like Houston, Dallas and San Antonio fair much better than New Braunfels, Boerne and Fredericksburg. **HB3298/SB1907, “Gridzilla”
- Doug Miller: “A landowner ‘should not be allowed to mine the aquifer under his land to the detriment of his neighbors.” (Fredericksburg Standard-Radio Post, October 1, 2014)
- FEDERAL CONTROL OVER OUR CHILDREN: Miller voted to support Common Core in Texas and federal overreach. **SB313
- A CONSISTENT LIBERAL: Rice University took 1,180 votes during the 2015 session and ranked 65 of the 98 Republican Legislators as more conservative than Miller. He is ranked in the bottom 3rd of the GOP caucus.
As I meet more and more voters in this district, it is obvious that something must be done to protect our liberties and keep Texas free!
As more and more folks move to Texas, and as this district grows, we need to be vigilant in protecting life, the constitution, our economy and our very way of life. We must act now to keep Texas free and prosperous.
This will be an uphill battle against the insiders in Austin, but one that we can accomplish together. I am running a strong grassroots campaign but every campaign requires funding to get the message out, and I need your support!
My goal is to raise $30,000 by November 1st.
I am moving forward with my campaign to become your next Texas State Representative and I am hoping you will make a contribution today of $5, $20, $50, $100, $250, $500 or $1,000 today!
Honestly, even a small contribution or volunteering to make calls or block walk will help!
We have a campaign deadline coming up, and I need your support! My promise to you is that I will work hard and always be here for you. Please consider supporting my campaign by volunteering with your contribution today.
Going against the political machine will not be an easy task, but with your help it is certainly a doable one!
While there are no simple or easy answers, together we can accomplish great things. I will be heading door to door to meet as many of our neighbors as possible.
Let’s take the Texas House back for the people. Looking forward to seeing ya’ll around town!
P.S. — Join my conservative grassroots movement and use the envelope included to make a contribution today of $5, $20, $50, $100, $250, $500 or even $1,000! Every $1 helps…